You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to use a website or app to:
Online services offered
- Booking and cancelling appointments (suspended until further notice)
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
Our practice is collaborating with NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) who is providing NHS numbers for those patients that maybe suitable for electronic repeat dispensing prescriptions. The information is obtained from NHS prescriptions submitted to the NHSBSA. A member of our clinical team will contact these patients soon to explain the benefits of this service.
Complete the online form – Patient only
To reduce footfall to the Practice the recommended method of registering for online service is by submitting your information online.
Please note: if you wish to register for online services, to access your repeat prescriptions, appointments etc., you are also required provide evidence of your ID, which you can upload on our online form. Once this has been verified, we will issue the necessary documentation for online services, within seven working days or more. Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine. Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality. If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Practice for advice.
You will be required to upload 3 forms of ID to confirm your identity before we can set up online order (1 x photo and 2 x address or 2 x photo and 1 x address).
You must have previously obtained the necessary access codes in a registration letter from the practice. Please ask at reception for details.
NHS England – easy read guides to GP online services
A set of guides that use easy words and pictures to enable users to understand GP online services.
NHS England: videos about using GP online services
Please have a look at the GP Online Services case studies below which gives the views of patients, practice managers and GPs about how easy and useful it is to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and have access to medical records online.
Online Medical Records
In accordance with NHS England’s guidelines, along with booking appointments and ordering medicines online, the Practice will be offering all patients over the age of 16, subject to GP discretion, online access to the coded part of their medical records.
To sign up to this service, please print and complete a copy of the relevant form below or request a form from Reception.
You will need to return the form to us in order for us to register you (identity checks will also be required – we will need to see 2 forms of ID, 1 x photo and 1 x address).
Adult Online Registration Form :
(To be completed if you are over 18 and requesting online access)
Proxy Online Registration Form:
(To be completed if you are a carer or relative and the patient gives consent for you to access their medical records – this form must be signed by both the patient and the proxy)
If you are a parent and you would like parental online access or you are a prospective new patient at the Practice please request the relevant online services form from Reception.
The Patient Responsibility
You understand that it is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated and that you are responsible for the safety and security of your personal registration details for online services. You also understand that you can withdraw consent at any time by simply notifying the Practice in writing.
- Where access is granted to your registration details such as PIN, Practice ID, Access ID and CHI number will be sent via post or given in person.
- The Email address must be specific to the person making the request. It cannot be a shared account.
- Patient with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments without cancelling will not normally be granted access to online appointment booking.
- Online appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined it is no longer required.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice at the discretion of the Partners. This will not affect your registration with the Practice.
- On approval request for online access you will be given access and instructions.
- Requests for reissue of access log-in details will be sent via post to the patients registered address or in person.
- The status of repeat prescriptions requests should be checked online to confirm they have been prescribed before collecting any medications from the Pharmacy especially if requesting a item not on your repeat prescription record.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.