Fill out a simple online form to get advice and treatment by the end of the next working day.

The NHS COVID Pass for Travel & Holidays

Please note that NHS Covid passes cannot be produced nor provided by GP practices but the below information will equip patients to get what they need.

The NHS COVID Pass is a way to show your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status or test results if required when you travel abroad. You no longer need to show an NHS COVID Pass for domestic events and venues in England.

Who can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel?

  • You need to be aged 12 or over to get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel.
  • For children aged 5 and over, you can ask for an NHS COVID Pass for travel to be sent by post.
  • An NHS COVID Pass for travel can be based on either your vaccination status or on a positive NHS PCR test result (your recovery status).
  • You can no longer get an NHS COVID Pass based on a medical exemption. But, if you already have a medical exemption, this will show in the NHS App when you select “Check your COVID-19 vaccine record”.

How can I get an NHS COVID Pass?

  • These are not produced nor provided by GP practices
  • You can get a digital NHS COVID Pass online or by using the NHS App.
    You can download your NHS COVID Pass, print it, have it sent to you in an email or show it on your smartphone.
    To get your NHS COVID Pass online or through the NHS App, you’ll be asked to create an NHS login if you do not have one already.

Passes will be available by post when families call 119. They can also submit a web request. Passes will be sent to the registered address as listed on the GP record. They will only be produced if a complete vaccination course has occurred. Recovery passes are not provided for this age group and instant online access is not provided either.

Each pass is valid for 30 days from production so may need to be requested shortly before any trip abroad but please ensure sufficient time for those that require posting for Children under 5.

For more information please go to